Roundup of DIY Galaxy and Glow In The Dark Jars Tutorials. What I found for searching for good tutorials: lots of identical photos with no source and half baked tutorials that pretend to recreate the source photo with no photo to back it up, and Pinterest links to general boards (UGH). *Tip: glow sticks don’t last more than a night.
- Glitter and Glow Stick Galaxy Jar Tutorial from Foam here.
- Glow Stick Jar Tutorial from One Late Night here.
- Glow Paint Undiscovered Galaxies’ Jar Tutorial by From Panka with Love here. *Look in the comments section where people in the US buy glow in the dark paint, or go here or here.
- Do you want to make your own glow paint out of glue and yellow highlighters? DIY Glow Paint here and how to make glow water here from Train Up a Child.
- Glow Paint Dark Firefly Jar from Come Together Kids here.
- Glow Paint Small Jars from A Smith of All Trades here.
To make up for missing two MyEDOM posts last week because of various reasons, but mainly due to the work load I’m currently under, I thought I’d post them this weekend instead.
The first of this weekends posts is Purity Ring, a Canadian duo who I only recently became aware of through the one and only Anthony Fantano. Their debut album was released a week or so ago on 4AD and it’s well worth a listen. Although I can’t say I’m a fully fledged fan of their work so far, it’s interesting enough for me to want to share it.
Listen and like/reblog… if you want.
Belispeak by Purity Ring
**Make sure you track the MyEDOM tag to keep up to date with all the music people are sharing**
Paper bas-relief by Cheong-ah Hwang
fairys in the night
rainbow in the centre city
DIY Galaxy Tee Shirt You Can Do With Kids Tutorial from Relentlessly Fun, Deceptively Educational here. This is done with a bleach pen, bleach and a freezer paper stencil.
The Higgs Boson Mural At CERN by Josef Kristofoletti
DIY Recycled Denim Whale Tutorial from Valaan villapaita here. Use Chrome to translate.